This scholarship is named in honour of Kathleen Goulding and is usually awarded in Year 9 for a period of five years.
Kathleen Goulding was one of the original staff members at St Cuthbert’s College, after applying for a job on completion of a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1915. She taught at St Cuthbert’s from 1915 to 1917 and again from 1928 to 1945 when she became Head of the Latin Department.
A born teacher, Miss Goulding had the ability to relate to the girls and she had patience with those who wanted to learn. She was the first teacher in charge of Elgin and wrote the The Cross of St Cuthbert to mark the 21st anniversary of the College. After her retirement she was made a life member of the Old Girls’ Association, seldom missing a meeting. She died on May 19, 1989.