Up to four Endeavour Scholarships are awarded each year to students of Māori and/or Pasifika descent who are joining us in Year 7. These scholarships provide support right through her school years.
Applications for Year 7 positions in 2022 are open from 3 May 2021 and close at 5pm, 23 June 2021.
If you have any queries please contact [email protected]
Endeavour Scholarship criteria
Students should be actively participating in their culture and able to share their skills and knowledge with the wider St Cuthbert’s community.
- Scholarships are awarded on the results of a competitive examination and a personal interview for short-listed candidates
- Active participation in cultural activities, overall ability and previous school achievements are taken into account
- Candidates will sit examinations in English and Mathematics
- Based on the results of the Scholarship examination and application, a short-list for interview will be established
- The value of each Scholarship is a minimum of 25% of tuition fees each year, for the duration of the student’s St Cuthbert’s education. Greater support, up to the maximum value of 100% of tuition fees and provision for associated costs, is available if financial need is demonstrated. An assessment of financial position is undertaken by an evaluator independent of the College, at no cost, if you choose to apply for greater financial assistance.
- There is an annual review of the performance of the Scholarship holder against attitude and commitment criteria. Students are expected to participate in and share their culture with the College community
- All scholarships are open to prospective students. Students must be New Zealand citizens or hold New Zealand residency visas. Students currently attending St Cuthbert’s College are not eligible to apply
- In the event of there being no candidates, who reach a sufficiently high standard, scholarships may not be awarded.
- The decision of the Principal is final and no correspondence will be entered into
- To apply for a Scholarship please ensure that you complete the application form and include all items on the checklist. Applications can be submitted at any time before the closing date. You will receive an acknowledgement of the receipt of your application by email
- All scholarships are open to prospective students only. Students must be New Zealand citizens or hold New Zealand residency visas.
- Applicants must have been enrolled as a fulltime student at a New Zealand school for at least the last three school years e.g., at least since January 2018.
- Applications for Year 7, 2022 will open on 3 May 2021 and close at 5pm on 23 June 2021
- Endeavour Scholarship exam: Thursday 1 July 2021
Tiana speaks about her Endeavour Journey
Our 2018 head girl, Tiana Willis-Baker, was a proud Endeavour Scholarship recipient and embodies the spirit of the Endeavour programme. She added richness to life at St Cuthbert’s, through sharing her Samoan and Tokelauan cultural heritage and insights with the students, teachers and those who will follow in her footsteps. We also offer a number of other St Cuthbert’s scholarships.
To read more about our 2018 Head Girl’s Endeavour Scholarship please download this PDF: Endeavour Scholarship at St Cuthberts