Senior School Musical

Published April 23, 2024

We are keeping it in the family for our Senior Musical. Pictured (photo 2) are the three Parks siblings who will appear in The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee. Year 9 student Jemima Park plays the part of Leaf Coneybear. Her sister, Year 11 student Madeleine, is playing Marcy Park and their brother, Jesse, who was Year 13 at Auckland Grammar School last year, is Vice Principal Douglas Panch! We also have a set of brothers James and Blake Lewis who play the parts of Carl Grubenierre and Dan Schwartz, and we understand that their sister, currently in Year 8, can’t wait to audition for next years Senior Production!

Here are some of the casts comments from The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee:

“I think my favourite thing about being in the musical is being able to meet so many new people and have fun during lunch breaks as well as during our blocking and while learning choreography.”

“Being a part of the musical in 2024 is such an awesome experience. Everyone is really encouraging and it’s a great learning opportunity for performers. The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee will be a good show!”

“It’s a fun group that’s accepting of everyone and is a safe non judging space. It’s also really fun to be involved in and is definitely a highlight of my week.”

“I love the people and environment. Everyone is so supportive and kind. Everyone just wants the best for each other and it’s so cool to see. We have some really fun times and I’m always looking forward to the musical because I know I’m just going to have the best time. It’s super funny and such an enjoyable part of my week.”

“My favourite parts of the musical is how everyone is so close and bonded together, and how we can accomplish something so big while still having fun, and its satisfying at the end when all the hard work and effort of everyone pays off”

“This year’s musical itself is one of the most wonderfully weird shows I’ve ever been in, but the best part of the whole production has to be the people. Our cast for 2024 are some of the most down to earth, genuine people, so even though the show itself is so much fun it makes the experience and rehearsals so much easier being able to work with such a wonderful community and I’m so looking forward to putting on some amazing shows with all of them.”

Don’t miss your chance to see these actors in action. Click here to purchase your tickets.